Offered Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall quarters.
International students who are 20 years old and above with at least two years of university study.
The Business Essentials program offers a broad introduction to American business practices through an overview of key business topics including leadership, strategic planning, marketing, human resources and more.
• Gain practical experience in an American workplace by completing an optional 48-hour unpaid on-campus internship.
• Experience a multicultural classroom environment and learn with American students in select classes in quarters two or three.
• Learn business fundamentals from highly-qualified and experienced instructors.
• Apply for Optional Practical Training (OPT), which allows students to work in the U.S. for up to one year, after three consecutive quarters of study.
1st Quarter (22 units)
The Business Essentials first-quarter program covers topics including business operations, human resources, communication, team building, negotiation, planning, entrepreneurship and money and banking. The first quarter also allows students to participate in an optional on-campus internship experience.
2nd Quarter (12-15 units)
Second-quarter courses build upon the foundation developed in the first quarter of Business Essentials. The curriculum consists of the following required courses:
• Fundamentals of Business
• Basics of Project Management
• Business Communication Skills
• Organizational Behavior
• Real-World Marketing Project