Enhance your communication skills in English for Business purpose from one of the top universities in the U.S: Arizona State University.
You will learn various business topics including management, finance and marketing. You will also learn to write proposals, executive summaries, and marketing materials. In addition, you will learn to run a meeting, achieve sales, and negotiate other business transactions.
Once you have completed the course, you can get a certificate (with a fee).
What Will You Learn
Course 1: Management and Leadership
In this first part, you will learn about business communication in English requires focus, vocabulary, and specific linguistic structures. You can get amazing materials such as recruiting and training a professional team, managing and participating in well-organized meetings, making telephone conferences, writing professional emails, and share your experience.
You will learn:
- Recruiting and training a professional team to work together with integrity and respect
- Managing and participating in well-organized meetings
- Making telephone conferences more efficient
- Writing professional emails that are easy to read
The activities in this course will give you the opportunity to share your experience and receive immediate feedback from other business professionals around the world.
Course 2: Finance and Economics
Do you work in finance or interact with finance professionals? Is it necessary to speak, write or understand English in your career? Follow the authentic characters in this course as they work through common business situations in finance and economics. Learn from your successes and failure, and think critically about your own communication options.
- Read and create efficient e-mails, reports, and impactful presentations with words and phrases commonly used in finance and economics.
- Communicate clearly under pressure utilizing recently learned strategies, and obtain immediate feedback about the efficiency of your business communication skills in English
Course 3: Marketing and Sales
This course is very suitable for anyone who works in marketing, sales, or advertising.
You will be able to:
- Express your ideas through efficient emails, reports and persuasive presentations
- Learn words and phrases related to market research, branding, direct marketing, advertising costs, etc.
- Get instant feedback about the efficiency of your business communication skills in English from sales and marketing professionals from around the world
- Become part of a global community of business professionals who are developing their English communication skills
Course 4: Final Project
The last part of this course will give you some skills such as project status report, copy of the marketing campaign, short presentation for upper management with details on the project’s status, develop a useful document for your current job or a document.
After completing this course, you will be able to communicate about topics such as management, marketing, write proposals, executive summaries, and marketing materials practical applications in business scenarios in a variety of functional areas.
About Arizona State University
Arizona State University is one of the great American research universities. Founded in 1885, this university is ranked 103rd in National Universities, and 16th in Best Undergraduate Teaching according to the US News & World Report 2021.
Wanda Huber completed a Master’s degree in English and a First TEFL Certificate. She serves on the AZTESOL Board and applied a career in business management skills to education.
Jenny Young has a Bachelor’s degree in English Education from Brigham Young University followed by an M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instructional Design. This title is she get from Grand Canyon University before teaching English in Taiwan.
Andrea Mürau Haraway
Andrea Mürau Haraway is one of the top instructors for English courses. She teaches a variety of Business English courses in the MBA program and Executive Education at Thunderbird School of Global Management. She holds an M.S. Education degree in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages too and lived in the Netherlands.
Beatriz Fuentes-Anderson has a degree in Business Administration from Florida International University. She has a TEFL and Master’s degree in Education in TESOL too.
- 44% Started a new career after completing this specialization.
- 10% Got a pay increase or promotion.
This course is designed for business professionals and executives with an intermediate level of English. It is expected that you can hold basic conversations in English, you can read, understand, and write simple emails, and you can understand some of what you hear in the English language news.
More specifically, your linguistic competence can be measured by your scores on the TOEFL iBT or IELTS exams. A minimum score of 4 on the IELTS exam or 31 or higher on the TOEFL iBT exam indicate an intermediate level. (Obtaining official test scores is not necessary to participate in the specialization. These scores serve only as a point of reference for learners.)