Location: Vancouver (Canada)
Institution & Organizer: Vancouver Academy of Music
Age of participants: 10 – 17 years old
Dates: 29 July 2018 – 12 August 2018
Founded in 1969, the Vancouver Academy of Music (VAM) is a non-profit institution that has been spreading a love of learning and musical excellence for generations of aspiring musicians. Minutes away from downtown in a traffic-calmed location, VAM is housed in a spacious facility with teaching studios, large classrooms, a library, two performance halls, and the inspiring scenic backdrop of Vanier Park.
MUSIC CAMP HIGHLIGHTS
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience for musical exploration and growth
- An exciting multicultural learning environment
- Varied and interesting extra-curricular activities and excursions to enjoy
- Enjoy the natural and cultural beauty of Vancouver and British Columbia
- Learn English through an engaging and highly applicable curriculum
- Understand and appreciate the value of the Arts and their long-term benefits to physical, mental and emotional growth
- Experience living with a warm and pleasant Canadian family or with other students from around the world and a modern student residence
- Facilitated by some of the most highly skilled, experienced and dedicated musicians and educators in Vancouver
WHY CHOOSE VAM
VAM’s hand-selected faculty is composed of Vancouver’s finest musicians and educators from organizations such as Vancouver Symphony, Orchestra, Vancouver Opera, and UBC School of Music. VAM students regularly enjoy numerous performance and competition opportunities; masterclasses and workshops with world renowned musicians; innovative programs and exchanges with national and international partners
Private class rate: $100/hour
- Tuition Fee
- Materials Fee
- Activity Participation Fee
- Airport Pick-up and Drop-off
- Three Meals per Day
- Accommodation (14 nights)
- Application Fee (CAD 150 – non refundable)
- Visa and airfare
- Custodian Letter (if applicable)
Serviced Student Residence - GEC PEARSON
GEC properties are located in close proximity to educational institutions and near major transportation hubs, offering students a safe, clean, and convenient place to stay at affordable rates in Metro Vancouver.
GEC Pearson is situated in a quiet neighborhood with many parks and a shopping center located nearby. With just a short walk to the Skytrain, it is a convenient commute to many school.
· Fully furnished suites- Laundry, etc.
· Free Wi-Fi and Netflix
· Fitness centre
· 24-hour Security
· Weekly housekeeping
· Access to the common areas
· Large windows with view of city
- Learn more about Canadian culture through the homestay family
- Learn about local customs and traditions, from eating habits to family routines
- Complete furniture - bed, table, laundry, etc.
- Three meals a day with pick up & drop off from and to school