You can now learn Business English online from University of Washington.
This course is suitable for anyone who wishes to learn how to communicate effectively in English for business or professional purpose. You will learn English vocabulary, improve your ability to write and speak in English in both social and professional interactions, and learn terminology and skills that you can apply to business negotiations, telephone conversations, written reports and emails, and professional presentations.
See the details and the schedule here
What You Will Learn
- Determine whether the objectives of this Specialization align with your learning goals
- Evaluate your current level of proficiency in business English communication
- Present relevant information about yourself in a discussion forum
- Develop your networking skills
- Write short emails with appropriate formatting
- Recognize and produce formal and informal language in emails
- Develop vocabulary related to jobs and companies
- Arrange a meeting though email and by telephone
- List expectations and protocols related to on-site meetings and teleconferences
- State phone numbers, dates, currencies and sales figures accurately
- Write a proposal with appropriate organization and vocabulary
3. Planning and Negotiating
- Negotiate strategically in formal and informal settings
- Identify and resolve customer issues after a negotiation has taken place
- Evaluate and compare services and features of two venues
- Plan a business event using negotiation skills
- Write an announcement for a business event after selecting a venue
4. Making Presentations
- Present information in an organized and engaging way
- Share data in charts and graphs
- Use persuasive language in a presentation
5. Business English: Capstone Project
- Use appropriate vocabulary to write a mini business plan
- Communicate a business plan orally in an organized and engaging presentation
About The University of Washington
University of Washington is ranked 16th in the world, according to 2020 Academic Ranking of World Universities. It is a public institution in USA founded in 1861.
Through the last two decades, Richard Moore remains one of the best lecturers in the International and English Language Programs at this university. He has been teaching English in several countries, including in its origin, United Kingdom, Australia as well as Korea. His passion for language has led him to maintain his hobby in teaching this language, while he is also a man who loves traveling.
Her experience for twenty years as an English teacher in several countries becomes the major reason, why this course always attracts many participants every year. Her MATESOL degree was obtained at this university. She was once teaching English for young learners in Turkey, as she also loves to travel and visit new places.
Anyone can take this course. There is no entry requirement.